Sunday, May 13, 2012

Philip Glass - Book of Longing (2007)


PHILIP GLASS
Book of Longing, a Song Cycle Based on the Poetry and Images of Leonard Cohen
Orange Mountain Music OMM0043

CD 1:
1. Prologue - I Can't Make the Hills
2. I Came Down from the Mountain
3. A Sip of Wine
4. Want to Fly
5. The Light Came Through the Window
6. Puppet Time
7. G-d Opened My Eyes
8. You Go Your Way
9. I Was Doing Something
10. Not a Jew
11. How Much I Love You
12. Babylon
13. I Enjoyed the Laughter

CD 2:
1. The Morning I Woke Up Again
2. I Want to Love You Now
3. Don't Have the Proof
4. The Night of Santiago
5. Mother Mother
6. You Came to Me this Morning
7. I Am Now Able
8. Roshi's Very Tired
9. Epilogue - Merely a Prayer

The Philip Glass Ensemble
Michael Riesman, conductor
Leonard Cohen, spoken text

No comments:

Post a Comment